Monday 17 April 2017

Aikido in the modern age ....

http://www.usaikifed.com/events/        This link refers you to sites and dates of training spots all over the world ...

Yamada Sensei ..... in my opinion, has been a wise leader of aikido in the western world. He initiated aikido in many parts of the western world. I have stayed briefly a couple of times at his permanent dojo in New York. It had very humble beginnings. Even now it has a relatively small practise space with modest facilities. BUT with expert teaching and routine. Numerous classes per day. Since Yamada arrived decades ago he trained many who now teach at his dojo and many who have gone on to open their own dojo. Men and women and kids train at Sensei's dojo. People of all ages and ranks ....and from all over the world. I encourage others visit as i did. It inspired me to continue practising and formed my aikido growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment